What would you do for $5? Well, there are plenty of people on the internet (and elsewhere in the world) who are perfectly willing to do just about anything for $5. That’s thanks to a site called Fiverr.
Fiverr is an online marketplace where people from all over the world can offer jobs and services (gigs) to potential clients. The site gets its name from the minimum selling fee each user can charge, which is $5. This is known as a “microtransaction” site. Fiverr is the largest of its kind in the world.
Their services typically run between $5 and $500, though most gigs cost $5. The site also allows users to contribute Gig Extras or peripherals (add-ons) to complement their main gig.
Freelancers and hobbyists of all kinds use Fiverr to make money. Some users have even made good money on the site thanks to their Fiverr gigs. However, don’t be fooled by the low prices for gigs on Fiverr. Many sellers make a lot of money on Fiverr. Still, you might be wondering, how do you make money on Fiverr in the first place.
Tips to make money on Fiverr
Anyone can make money by putting up a few Fiverr gigs. However, many people find it difficult to actually keep making money on the site. To help you out, here are some tips from Fiverr experts that can help people like you make money on Fiverr.
1. Offer a unique service, or offer a service that you know others can use. There are plenty of users on Fiverr doing similar work so far – don’t let that stop you though. As long as you have something that people are willing to buy, you have the potential to make money on the site.
2. Find programs that can be repeated. Most of the Fiverr Gigs you complete are the same Gigs. If you can’t handle the same job with different clients, you won’t be able to take advantage of this opportunity.
3. Deliver your Fiverr gigs early or on time. Every performance, they say, underpromises and overdelivers, and that goes for the Fiverr performance. It’s important to be honest about your delivery times on Fiverr so your clients know how long it can take you to deliver a gig. Don’t forget to do your best to provide a quality service – many of the top Fiverr users keep coming back for that.
4. Optimize your Fiverr listings. You can’t just plan your Fiverr listings – take the time to add photos, videos, and keyword-optimized descriptions to your Fiverr listings. Taking the time to make sure your items are “visible” will help more people find and buy them.
5. Strive to become a top seller. Fiverr has tiers for sellers, each with its own unique set of benefits, such as the ability to add Gig extras. The most important thing about these tiers, though, is that they place a badge next to your name and performance, giving buyers even more confidence in you. Reaching level 1 is not difficult. It just requires you to be a Fiverr member for at least a month and complete 10 orders.
6. See what your competitors are doing on Fiverr. Check out the best-selling gigs that are similar to yours. What keywords are they using? What additional gigs do they offer? What kind of performance photos or videos do they have? Use this as inspiration for your own show and get inspired.
If you’ve always wanted to turn a passion, hobby, or skill into a decent side income, Fiverr is a great place to start. It is free to register and use. Fiverr does take 20% of all your earnings, so this is something to consider as you embark on your journey of making money on the microtransaction site.